Friday, April 3, 2009

AHH! Letting Go...


It's kind of been a long week. I'm not complaining because there are people who have it WAY worse than I do - and to be honest most of the things that have made this week long have also made me laugh a little - so whatever. But Brad thought I needed a night off. He told me he thought I should plan to leave and go somewhere just for fun. There was an NBA game on last night that he was planning to watch with the boys and I really only planned to put the girls to bed and do dishes - but I didn't bring up leaving again and I figured he'd forget.


BUT - he didn't. Last night after dinner Brad said, "Go. Get out of here all by yourself and go just do something that you want to do and I will see you when you get back." And guess what? I WENT!!! I just left and Brad put the girls to bed and had "boy time" with Tanner and Madsen. I went to Barnes and Noble. I sat in their coffee shop and read "The Cream Puff Murder" from cover to cover (not digesting most of it obviously - but keeping up on the story at least). When I was done (and I might say I enjoyed this most recent book in the Hannah Swenson series) I bought a paperback I wanted to read and came home and sat in my jetted tub and read until I was ready for bed. IT FELT GREAT!!! I highly recommend it. If you need help - I am such a great friend that I am even willing to go show you how to let it all go! See how nice I am?

5 comments:

bonitinha said...

AWESOME!!! I love those moments, few and far between as they may be. Sigh!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I can just imagine. Tell Brad that he is up for a best husband nomination, with Jeff of course. Hope he wins.

Jill Jones said...

You go girl! Nights out are just the refreshers we need!

Amy Hunter said...

You soooo deserved that. Might I also thank you for the fabulous idea? I think a night at Barnes and Nobles would be fabulous. I'm going to do that next time Eric tells me to "Get out."

Tina said...

I love surprises like that :) I especially love it when you don't have 82 calls from home while you are gone!