
You will be happy to know that my children are contributing to our years supply. The other day I opened the deep freeze to find almost all of the food crammed on the top two shelves and in the door - and these icicles laying on a shelf with only some hamburger buns to keep them company. Why do you need to freeze an icicle when it is a predicted high of 11 degrees all week is what I want to know!
10 comments:
They must have heard from their father that the lesson in Priesthood was about being prepared, and they knew you were lacking in the water department, so they did their best. Icicles are frozen water, frozen stuff goes in the freezer, it only makes sense to me. They just wanted to be prepared, in case they forgot to harvest the icicles before the temperatures rise again.
Eleven?!? Yikes. We're supposed to finally get back up into the low 70s this week, and you'd think, based on people's attire at church yesterday, that we were bound for some kind of Yukon trek! Yeah...I thought of you on Friday as I was out with my Uncle, helping with pruning the avocado tree and the lime tree, as well as on the 30th Dec when I was in my mom's garden picking tomatoes to make salsa. I know: you hate me. Greetings from sunny (ish) southern California! :)
I'm with Leslee, they wanted to get the iclcles before the temp started rising and they were gone! So now they can have icy cold sword fights in the hot summer weather in a few months! OR you can use it as frozen water storage! Sounds good either way!
Are you un-private now?? I can't keep up!
I remeber trying to keep snowballs in the freezer when I was a kid! Now my kids could make snowballs with the frost that's built up in mine. :D My kids would treat them like popscicles or try to eat thier ice cream with them like chopsticks! Give it a try you might like it!
You just never know when it's going to warm up...better have some spare icicles for when it does!
Oh- it's my mom that was diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer this summer. She underwent surgery & is now going through chemo. It's a long road, but she's so positive and things seem to be going well. She's also trying life out as a brunette- when she lost her hair she decided to go with a brown wig. She will hopefully be done with treatments this spring.
May I say that your freezer looks extremely clean? I'm jealous. Mine would not be fit for pictures with popsicle residue and the like splattered everywhere. I also have found frozen snowballs. kids.
That is so funny! I always find cups in my freezer that have little toys and trinkets frozen in them. My kids think it is so fun to have their action figure or whatever stuck in an ice cage. Ahhh...Childhood.
Hey birthday girl....hope it's a most fabulous day!!!! xo
Haven't heard from you in a while! What happened to blogging every day!!
Post a Comment