Sunday, January 25, 2009

On Being 37...


Most of you know, I really am not worried about my "age" - like "oooohhh! How sad - I'm 30!!!" or anything like that. More and more when I have a birthday I am faced with well meaning people who say - "So you're turning 27 huh?" To which I have to reply - "um - no thanks. It was great but I still had Brad's school to finish, kids to have, many unknown trials and tragedies to face and live through - and knowing what I know now, I'm glad I did it once but I will take this old age any day!" I always tell people how old I am if they ask and my kids generally tell them even if don't! I don't care. As a matter of fact my philosophy is this - if you look your age and people find out how old you are they say "yeah. That's what I thought". If you look OLDER than your age and people find out your age then they think "Huh. She is YOUNGER than I thought!" If you look YOUNGER than you are then when your real age is discovered people compliment you on looking so much younger than you really are. So really - what have I got to hide? Now, having said that - 37 has KICKED ME IN THE HEAD - HARD!!! I know, you are thinking "apparently - we've seen the same blog entry for the last three weeks!" I don't know if it is because I am old-er now or if it's just all of the things I've had going on - but I haven't gotten it together yet. Yes, it is true that I've never really had it together - but I at least used to BLOG! But I just wanted you to know that I am back and I have some new fodder for my entries. I know, how WILL you sleep tonight knowing tomorrow could yield another fabulous and entertaining entry from Perfectly Imperfect? Well, you'll just have to hang in there... after all, I am 37 now so I need my sleep!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay, you're back! I was starting to get worried. :) Heather, you're awesome. Can't wait to hear the new entries.

Angela said...

Sorry, that last comment was from me. I keep forgetting that Jeff signs in under his own e-mail address and it kicks me out. Grrrr. :)

Jill Jones said...

Ummmm was that your version of a "it's my birthday" post? If so, Happy 37th b-day! If not, and you're just using your age as an excuse to forget about the friends you left behind in your old ward.....
:) Welcome Back to the blogging world! Now when's your next party?

Mary said...

I. Miss. You.

We must go celebrate your birthday (I know I'm late - we'll chat about that in a less public forum)! Does it help that I thought about you randomly throughout the day?

Wammack Family said...

Yay! It's good to have Heather back.

Amy Hunter said...

I've miss you!!! Welcome back and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I understand completely about the "don't want to go back, but it was great while it lasted thing." So true! Love the picture too!

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

All of your old friends just don't realize how popular you are in this new ward. You and Brad are fabulous. You keep Sunday School rolling, that's for sure. Good thing they didn't call you to be in Primary.

Sherrie said...

So...happy birthday!!! And I've missed your posts. I'm planning on having my baby on next monday...and I expect an extra funny Heather post on that day to entertain me while in the hospital! :) No pressure or anything Mrs. Idaho!

Anderton Family said...

Yay, you're back! I've missed you and I was seriously getting worried about you!

Anonymous said...

Hey i've been 37 for 6th months longer than you so you have nothing to complain about! if you want we could go drown our sorrows in a virgin rum and coke! What do think?