My poor little brother, who is deployed, and his poor little family - wife and 6 kids, had their house burn COMPLETELY to the ground this morning. SO thankfully, NO ONE WAS HURT, but their hearts must be aching. I know it is only "stuff", but it is THEIR stuff - favorite stuffed animals, and blankets and pictures. Beds, clothes, journals... gone. They have nothing but their lives and the clothes on their backs. They are staying with church friends. My sister-in-law is a ROCK - she has to be with that many children and a husband who is frequently away. I don't know how she does it every day - but today, I love her for what she is especially. Her father should be there soon and my brother is being sent back and hopefully will arrive in a couple of days. I tried to call their cell phones, but got no answer. Maybe they were in the house too. So guys, if you are reading this, we love you and are praying for you and are SO SORRY for your loss and SO GRATEFUL for your spared lives!
Monday, December 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh how awful! What do they need that I can supply? If I send to you will you forward to them?
OH how awful! So glad everyone is healthy and unharmed! Would love to help them! Do they have a donation site set up or an address I could send things too? Let me know!!!
Oh wow. What a nightmare. That is something that happens to other people. Never to you. SO hard. Please let us know how we can help.
What can we do? Really! We want to help!
Post a Comment