My dad talked to Kirstin tonight. Her dad made it there and I am sure that makes it much better for them all. Bryan is on his way back - I think he is getting pretty close. Kirstin told my dad that it has just been amazing what people have done - some army friends, some church friends, some neighbors, even complete strangers have brought them clothes and necessities and money. I'm thinking that it is probably seeing the caring of others that has made the most difference - although I am sure having clothes to wear is a plus too. I appreciate the comments by everyone and the calls wondering what we can do. I really don't know right now. I am going to call Kirstin tomorrow, but in the meantime I am sure the appreciate the prayers.
Apparently they had a pretty good night last night. I was happy that all of the children were with their mom. My dad said that a couple of the younger girls were really wanting to go home and just couldn't understand why they couldn't go sleep in their own house. Kirstin patiently put them in the car and drove them over and showed them what was left and explained that there wasn't a house there anymore. I'm sure it was a hard thing for a mom to do.
I'm thankful for all of the people who have helped them in the last day and am sure that it will continue. People really are just mostly amazingly kind and caring. I hate to see tragedy happen to people, but it sure brings out the best in those around them.
I will post on here anything that Kirstin says her family needs. Thanks again for caring about them. They may be related to me but they are actually nice people!
1 comment:
Heather this is so sad! Keep us posted!
Post a Comment