Sunday, September 5, 2010

Spy Kids Forever



I LOVE... LOVE... LOVE when my children start some sort of game together. They have been campers and orphans and vacation kids and karate kids... But this one, THIS one is a classic. Spy kids. Here they are all dressed to go undercover - but their decorated mason jar lids identify them even if their clothes lead you to believe that they are just "regular" kids. They love being spy kids. This game comes out more frequently than any other. I love listening to them when they don't know I am. I just hope ALWAYS that there will be another time - I don't want the day to come when they are too big to be spy kids anymore. I think that will break my heart - and think of all of the bad guys that will get away...

7 comments:

Jill said...

Your blog posts always brighten my day even though I don't always get a chance to comment. I love how your kids are always outside and always creating games to play! Aaron heard Tanner and Madsen talking one day about wishing they could make it to see the end of a rainbow and what they would do if they got there. They had no idea he heard them - and of course it would have been totally "uncool" if they knew he heard them, but we enjoyed the fact that even though they have grown up so much in the time we've known y'all, there is still some little boy in them! :)

Amberly said...

I love it! I really love listening to my girls play together. I love how in depth their stories get!

Jody said...

Oh so fun! Your kids are classic miss them! Wish my Riggy could pal around with them around the circle of course with a little muddy face! We miss you all

The Freed Family said...

Right now 3 of my 4 are outside pretending to be "painters". They have been out there for over an hour. They are all wearing hats and they are painting with water, cause I'd never let them use real paint, but it doesn't matter, cause they are having just as fun with water. They each have a notebook and they are coloring in them with crayon and then using sponges to brush water over them. They even came in for some tape so they could tape them around the trampoline. I've been watching them through my kitchen window while I've been doing dishes. I love when they get along and entertain themselves with creative games that they make up. I love the spy kids idea with the mason jar lids! So creative!

Rebecca Robison said...

yes! and there are still a lot of bad guys out there!

Angela said...

Love it! This looks like it could be an ad for the spy kids product. Your kids are all just so dang cute!

Anonymous said...

Great picture Heather! Yes I love it too. It's a bit of heaven.