Saturday, September 4, 2010

Phone Conversation:

Anna wanted to call her dad today. She wanted to do it all by herself because one day she did it all by herself accidentally and so now she knows how. What? Fine.

We called. He must have been with a patient because he didn't answer so I let her leave a message...

Anna: Dad?

Answering machine: {nothing}

Me: It's his answering machine so you will have to just talk and then he will call you back.

Anna: Ummm... How many days do I have to stop sucking my thumb?

Answering machine: {nothing}

Me: Bub, he can't answer so just talk and he will call you back.

Anna: Ummmm...

Me: Do you have something else you want to ask him?

Anna: Yes. Dad?

Answering machine {nothing}

Anna: Ummm, dad? Are aliens real?

Me: OKAY! Are you done now?

Anna: No. Umm dad? Mom made the best cookies. Mom, did you try one?

Me: Yes. (one ha!)

Anna: Did dad try one?

Me: Yes. (one ha ha!)

Anna: Oh... Dad? Can we have one for treat?

Answering Machine: {nothing}

Me: Dad isn't there. He will have to call you back.

Anna: I know. Mom? Can we have one for treat?

Me: Are you done talking to dad? Or is there something else you need to say to him?

Anna: Ummmm...

Me: Do you want to tell him that you love him?

Anna: (giggling) I love you dad.

~~~Hanging up.~~~


Anna: Mom? Can we have a cookie for treat?

Me: No.

And that is where it stops being cute!

3 comments:

shel said...

Tell Anna to go ahead and leave me a voicemail sometime (all by herself)...hey, I could use the laughs.

shel said...

By the way, can I have a cookie for treat?

Please, please, please, please, please, please, PLEAAAAAAAAASE!!!

Amberly said...

I think I want one of those cookies too!!