The past few weeks have been more chaotic than... I don't know... I guess than five kids because it has been moving five kids!!! So here is how it happened. We hadn't sold our old house and it was getting very close to the time that we were going to be required to close on our new house. We were fine with that, although we preferred to only own one house per town, but the bright side was that we would have PLENTY of time to move our things over. No rush. Exactly one week before we were to close on our new house, our realtor called and said that he thought there were some people who would be interested in our home. He gave me the name of their agent and we
waited for a call. After a day or two of not hearing from their agent I decided to call her. I couldn't find her name in the phone book or the realtor's guide but I did find someone with a very SIMILAR name and assuming that I had misheard my agent (I had been on my cell phone in quite a noisy place) I called and left a message, in effect, "We have the house for sale with the lease option. I hear you have clients who are ready to move in right now and are interested in the lease. We are moving out very soon and would be glad to accommodate your seeing the house whenever." So a day later she called back and told me that she didn't have such clients and that she had no clients interested in any houses listed by my agent. Hmmm. BUT, she said, she DID have some clients who were interested in buying with a lease option. They came over that very next day (Friday) and offered on Saturday. We countered on Monday and they accepted on Monday night we close
d on our new house on Tuesday and were out by Thursday and they moved in on Friday of that same week.
Whew! We are chronically exhausted and terminally disorganized but we have found most of the children and the bag of chocolate chips so things are looking up. We are thrilled that we were blessed enough to sell our house. In my first entry on this blog I mentioned that we were selling and would probably find this process to be an interesting ride. Man, if we had known!!! I guess I should get working on something more important (the bag of chocolate chips comes to mind!)
Whew! We are chronically exhausted and terminally disorganized but we have found most of the children and the bag of chocolate chips so things are looking up. We are thrilled that we were blessed enough to sell our house. In my first entry on this blog I mentioned that we were selling and would probably find this process to be an interesting ride. Man, if we had known!!! I guess I should get working on something more important (the bag of chocolate chips comes to mind!)
7 comments:
Yippee!! I am doing some gosh-darn good cartwheels for you! That's amazing that it worked out so well. Once you get somewhat settled, you'll appreciate it a lot more, I'm sure. You had so much faith and you guys didn't seem worried at all about having 2 homes. How great!!!
Wow! You can definitely testify to the "walk by faith" theory!!! Hallelujah! But, just reading your blog made me tired. You need a nanny, a housekeeper, and a nap pronto!!! I guess chocolate will have to do.
I would LOVE to come see your house soon! Meanwhile, put some pictures up when you have a second (yeah, right.).
Wow, isn't it amazing how things come into play and just suddenly work out? So happy that it all worked out for you guys, but mostly happy that you found that bag of chocolate chips. That's the kicker right there. :) Have a super day Mrs. Id!!! (wink)
I am so relieved for you! Not that I doubted it would work out for you, but that was close!
Nicely done Robey! Just in the nick of time. Sheesh! Glad to hear that you have a new address. Since I can't get you down to Vegas we'll just have to come barging up to ID and see you all. We'll wait until ALL the chocolate is unpacked as one bag is never enough! :)
It's gorgeous Heather! :) So excited for you guys! And loved your school posts, and boy scouts, etc. Your kiddos are so busy and fun. :) Miss you all!
Gorgeous! (and I'm not just talking about the lady of the house!) My gosh! Remember how we always said that we were going to be neighbors--well, I think I want to just move in. Let me know when you have 6 extra rooms built on. Oh, and I would like a jacuzzi tub surrounded by live plants and a waterfall, please. Thanks!
Post a Comment