Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day

Today was beautiful! Weather like we normally only see in the depths of summer, sky like it was painted to look too perfect, breeze just brisk enough to snap the flags to attention.

We started our day with friends. All of the kids had a friend over and they enjoyed (and destroyed) the fruits of their labors (they cleaned their rooms and helped with big jobs on Saturday). Brad and I cleaned and organized, then took the friends home, and the party began!

We visited Wendell's grave.

We ate ice cream at Reeds Dairy.

We saw the 1000 flags set up at Freeman park.

We watched a man reenact being a soldier during the Revolutionary War.

The kids ran through the sprinklers and jumped on the trampoline together while Brad and I ran errands.


We roasted hotdogs over a fire and ate dinner outside.

We installed a new kitchen faucet.


We fixed our back door which wouldn't close.

We tightened Camilla's bike chain which kept falling off and fixed Tanners brakes so his bike could stop.

We filled up everyone's bike tires and ended the night with a family bike ride (which ended after 10:00)

It was a wonderful day. I never grow tired of hearing my children play kindly together. I love family dinners, especially when we can eat outside! Brads days off always make us happy. Ice cream is delicious. I love living in America and celebrating her greatness. Projects accomplished make me look forward to tomorrow. I'm glad I am me!




No comments: