Thursday, June 10, 2010

Family Prayer


Family prayer, when I was growing up, often ended in a tussle or a giggle. Tonight I realized that my children are coming of age! Three of my children were gathered around me and two were near Brad. Tanner and Anna (both by me) were swatting at each other before we even started - Anna was angry that Tanner was kneeling by me because he was too close to "her spot". Soooo... a few seconds into prayer I am being knocked to and fro by their skirmish and out of the corner of my ear I hear Ella pray, "And we are thankful for our good family and that we get along..." and then Camilla gives a giggle at the comment and I suppress one, as I feel a giant push from one of the children which prompts me to pick Anna up, fly her over Camilla's head, and land her on the other side, away from Tanner. We are thankful for our good family and that we get along..."

4 comments:

Rebecca Robison said...

that is AWESOME!

Jill said...

I LOVE the picture of your sweet family and love the story just as much. Priceless!

shel said...

Sounds just right.
We usually hear (in a louder and louder voice) something like...and please help us all to be more REVERENT and/or QUIET and/or STOP WRESTLING/FIGHTING, etc....

Glad you're all a good family and that you all get along!!!!!

Nettie! said...

That is funny! I LOVE the family pic!