Sunday, June 8, 2008

Perfectly Imperfect From the Beginning...

I don't really care much what people think I should be doing - as a matter of fact I am nearly completely content with my life. There are just a couple of things that I think or wish I were doing that occasionally plague me. One is keeping in contact with friends (insert head nods here). I know! I love you or you wouldn't have been invited to view my blog - I just call about two people a week, email a couple more once a month or so, and only make personal visits when it involves a ton of chocolate or a near death experience. Sorry. I admit to being pathetic in this. The other thing I am nagged by is my lack of journal keeping. As a matter of fact I have a joke with Brad that if he writes in his journal for both of us I will read scriptures for both of us! Too bad it's like drinking water for someone else who is thirsty - not so effective! (and as a disclaimer for Brad, he reads his own scriptures but I still don't write in my journal). Because of these two things I have caved into the peer pressure of the blog world. I have to say, I love being able to glimpse into the lives of my blogging friends - so hopefully you will either get some laughs from reading this - or you will be able to block me as an email sender.

So here is the rundown for anyone who is seriously out of touch. Brad and I are living in Ammon with our five children - Tanner, Madsen, Camilla, Ella, and Anna. Brad started "Snake River Eye Associates" with our great friend Dr. Dennis Radford and he spends five days a week taking care of business while the children, who are now all gleefully free from school for the summer, and I having nothing but fun, making nothing but messes and then spending all of our time cleaning them up (just ask the poor overworked kids!)

As a surprise to most of you, we have had our house on the market for a few months (hence the obsession with cleaning) and are looking forward to moving closer to the highway this summer (Brad works three days of his week in Pocatello - which is about an hour south of Ammon). We have also just plain outgrown this house. We are dang out of room! As if to prove this point Brad just dumped a bowl full of blueberries and syrup out of the fridge onto the floor. Here goes the cleaning again. We have felt inspired through this whole process and are interested to see how it is going to work out.

It is surprising to think that with all of this fun and exciting news and all of my witty comments so far that I may have more to say in a day or two - but the reality is that I am a never-ending well of inspiriation and laughs - so tune in soon for more of my imperfect insight to my perfect life.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Freakin' cryin' out loud! You did it!!! Took you long enough. I can't WAIT to read more and more of your witty writing and snarky comments on life. WAHOO!!

What's with all the pain at your house? Seriously - how awful. And painful. I'm totally jealous of E's pink cast though...

So, when do we get to see you guys? You realize that I can just nag you another way through blogging comments now - don't you? Dang we miss you guys! I demand daily posts to get my Heather fix!

Amy Hunter said...

I'm so happy you caved in and joined the society of bloggers!

I love the title of your blog!

We'll keep you in our prayers that your house sells quickly! I can't imagine trying to keep it spotless all the time. I would just have to sedate my kids for a couple months.

That reminds me of something you said once that always makes me laugh. Speaking of pain, I asked you if you needed a pain killer (for what, I can't remember) and you said, "What for? To throw at my kids? Will that work?"

Something else that always makes me giggle is the story of the time when you and B were newly weds and you found him hiding in the closet eating Doritos (I think it was). He looked up and said, "nothing."
Eric and I say that to each other all the time when we are doing something mischevious and I love that the little tradition came from you guys. Hope you don't mind that we copy you.