Sunday, July 15, 2012

Perfect Moments



There are times in life when it seems that, just for a moment, everything is perfect!  For me these are not common, nor are they usually during a big event - just a snatched piece of happiness in an otherwise ordinary day.

It had just rained and the sun was out again.  It was evening and about 70 degrees.  Brad and I drove (all by ourselves!!!) out for 20 minutes do run an errand.  I rolled down my window.  The fresh summer rain smell was intoxicating and I closed my eyes and put my arm out of the window.  My hair was being controlled by the wind breezing through our car, and the Bossa Nova music playing was lulling me into a beach-infused dream world.  Just in that moment, I felt perfectly happy.  Even the sun penetrating my closed eyelids seemed to be extraordinary.  Contentment really isn't that far away.

I love perfect moments.