Sunday, February 13, 2011

BYU Idaho Hymn Contest

BYU Idaho has a Hymn festival every year, apparently. I didn't know about it until this year. Anyway, they ask for submissions either original hymns, or additional text for an existing hymn. Brad encouraged me to write an additional verse to one of my great-great-great-grandfather's (John Jaques) songs. He wrote "Oh Say, What Is Truth?" and "Softly Beams the Sacred Dawning". I ended up writing a verse for "Softly Beams the Sacred Dawning" and it was selected to be sung by one of their choirs. It is being performed at BYU Idaho this Wednesday.

7 comments:

klunker said...

And the words are... -- ???

Angela said...

Awesome! That is so cool. Yes Heather, you truly are amazing! :) I agree too, I would love to see the words.

Amy Hunter said...

You are FAMOUS! I can't wait to hear it!

shel said...

That must have been amazing! Did you get to go? And do we get to hear it??
Way to go!

bonitinha said...

NYTBSA!!! (Sort of)

Rebecca Robison said...

Wow! You are so talented!

Nettie! said...

You are kidding me?! You are amazing!!!